Café Bar Ios
The café-bar at Petra is open daily from early morning until midnight offering you traditional-style breakfast, lunch, dinner and drinks. Petra Café Bar Ios, with the small amphitheater (read about our traditional Cycladic architecture), has stunning views of Chora and the beautiful church Agia Irini. It is the square or the ‘’meeting point’’ of Petra village, just by Gialos Beach.
Petra Café Bar Ios is open for everyone so even if you are not staying with us, don’t miss out on some breakfast or a typical Greek lunch before heading off to the beach or come by for some home-made food and drinks, all this just a few meters away from Gialos Beach.
It is the ideal location to gather with friends and family and to host birthday parties, anniversaries or other celebrations.
Start your day with a wholesome breakfast of Greek authentic produce.
Our typical breakfast, served 8:30am to 10:30am includes;
– Coffee / Tea
– Local cheese
– “Louza” ham from Syros
– Bread & Cycladic marmalade
– Yoghurt & local Ios honey
– Traditional sweet
– Orange juice
– Fresh fruit
After a nice swim on the beach, enjoy fresh juices, coffees, drinks, fresh snacks and sweets.
– Toasted local ham & cheese
– Fried eggs with bacon
– Scrambled eggs (local cheese & tomato)
– Yoghurts with honey
– Yoghurt with fresh fruit
– Fruit salad
– Watermelon pie with ice-cream
– Ice cream (vanilla, chocolate, strawberry)
From 1.30pm, enjoy our lunch menu of a home-made daily dish, healthy salads & traditional Meze or “small plates”.
Our salad menu includes;
– Greek salad (cherry tomatoes, cucumber, green pepper, red onion, capers, olives and local cheese
– Ntakos (cracker, melted tomato, local cheese, capers)
– Petra salad (mixed green salad, bacon, local goat cheese,capers,sundried tomatoes, croutons, honey vinaigrette)
Our meze menu includes;
– Small pies (local cheese & spinach,sundried tomato & local cheese,vegetables & chilli)
– Marinated octopus
– Cod fish pate with cherry tomatoes, capers and fresh onion
– Platter cheeses/cold cuts
– Baked potato with garlic, butter and herbs
– Pickles (stuffed tomato/stuffed aubergines/vegetable sushi)
During the sunset, relax with Greek music, drinks & meze.
Meze (μεζέ), although an integral part of Greek cuisine & culture, comes from the East; it is of Turkish origin, borrowed from the Persian mazze, which means ‘taste’ and/or ‘snack’. Its history traces its roots back in antiquity in the Middle East and Eastern Mediterranean region. Meze is a selection of shared, small dishes usually served as a compliment to ouzo or tsipouro or a glass of Greek wine. Meze incorporates our Mediterranean way of living and desire for “get-togetherness”.
In the evening, Petra Café Bar Ios is the best spot for a relaxed, light meal of traditional meze next to the sea with a picturesque view of the port.
Upon request, we can organise barbecue dinners for you and your friends.
Are you looking for an intimate area to throw a private party away from other bars & restaurants in Ios? Over the years we have hosted birthday parties, anniversaries and other celebrations. You don’t even need to have a particular reason to throw a party. Just gather your friends and reserve Petra Café Bar Ios. Leave the rest to us.
Of course, we welcome walk-ins but you can also call us to reserve a table +302286091409